Approved November 8, 1996
1st revision February 13, 1997
2nd revision April 29, 2004
3th revision January 18, 2007
4th revision October 19, 2011
5th revision April 24, 2014
6th revision March 22, 2016
Chapter 1: General Rules
Article 1 (Purpose)
In order to edit the Journal of Radiation Protection and Research (hereinafter referred to as JRPR), the regulations for JRPR editorial committee are described under the article 5 in chapter 2 of the detailed rule of Korea Association for Radiation Protection (hereinafter referred to as KARP).
Article 2 (Tasks)
- Main task of JRPR editorial committee is to supervise the planning, acceptance, reviewing, editing and management of articles.
- The committee oversee editorial operations for the planning, finding resources and editing of the special books published by KARP.
- The committee shall lay down various regulations related with publications.
- The committee shall confirm the observation of various regulations and decide the penalty for the violation of regulations.
Chapter 2: Organization of the Committee
Article 3 (Composition)
The editorial committee shall consist of about twenty (20) local editors and ten (10) foreign editors.
Article 4 (Selection of Members)
- Editor-in-chief recommends candidates considering areas and major, and the president of KARP appoint the members.
- Editor-in-Chief may assign an Editorial Manager.
Article 5 (Terms)
- The term of members shall be two (2) years under the article 4 in chapter 2 of the detailed rule of KARP.
- The members can serve consecutive terms.
Article 6 (Duties)
- Members shall attend the meeting of the committee, if they are not in special situation.
- Each member shall appoint at least two reviewers per year for the submitted paper considering their specialty.
- Members shall be fair in editing affairs and do their best for the improvement of JRPR.
Article 7 (Editor-in Chief and Deputy Editor-in Chief)
- The Editor-in Chief shall be nominated by the president of KARP.
- The Editor-in Chief convenes the committee meeting and chairs the meeting as Chairman.
- The Editor-in Chief may appoint the Deputy Editor-in Chiefs.
- The Term of the Editor-in Chief and the Deputy Editor-in Chiefs shall be two (2) years, and they can serve consecutive terms.
Article 8 (Convening a meeting)
- The Editor-in Chief, or a managing editor shall call the editorial meetings by noticing before a week.